LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     21 August 2020

Cheque bounce case

My mother cheated me by not paying me back the 30 Lakhs she borrowed from me. She issued cheques which got bounced. Since the money belongs to my husband I filled a Cheque bounce case. She pleaded not guilty. Upon requesting the judge to grant the immediate 20% compensation by the accused he refused in our favour. Is it possible I can transfer my case to high court now because he denied 20% compensation or need to wait for the whole trial to finish which would take years in trial court!

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 August 2020

No need to wait for years to disposal of cases now. Use of modern technology for speedy disposal of cases– The Court took into consideration use of modern technologies for enabling speedy disposal of cases under Section 138 of NI Act  and noted that use of modern technology needs to be considered not only for paperless Courts but also to reduce overcrowding of Courts. There appears to be need to consider categories of cases which can be partly or entirely concluded “online” without physical presence of the parties by simplifying procedures where seriously disputed questions are not required to be adjudicated. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register