Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj (supervisor)     18 November 2012

Engagement

Hi,

I am writing here for my friend, In 2011 dec he has engaged with a girl in the presence of parents and relatives. after the 3 months of the engagement there is some issues in between the relations. So he informed his parents that he dont like to marry that girl. Now they are telling (girl's parents) that they are going to file a petition against my friend. My friend is staying in abroad and now he is planning to come india. 

Could you please let me know that is he face any problem in the airport if they submitted the petition? and in this petition what kind of judgment will come out please advice

Learning

6 Replies

rahul (director)     18 November 2012

No petition can sustain in breaking the engagment.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 November 2012

No trouble they can make if u break engagement. Better resolve the matter by giving back their valuables & some KHARCHA-PAANI, rather than burdening urself

Manoj (supervisor)     19 November 2012

Thank for reply rajeev, I didn't received any valuables from that family. 

stanley (Freedom)     19 November 2012

You can break an engagement anytime you want as long as they are not formally married there is nothng binding in it . 

rajiv_lodha (zz)     19 November 2012

Originally posted by : Manoj

Thank for reply rajeev, I didn't received any valuables from that family. 

Then stand bold & pose it too. No need to budge, nothing illegal in ur case

Lady India (dipl.oec)     23 November 2012

Something similar happen to me, but in my case girls parents cancel engagement, and file the case against my boyfriend, saying that he is married with me and that we have a kids. Which is apsolutely not true. They just been engaged, but this mean family trying to ruin his life. They did catch him on airport, block his passport, etc, etc...My advise, if you want to be happy try to go faraway from India and Indian Law. I guess police action is different in all states of India. So maybe in civilized parts of India, this would be funny and police would not react...But In my case, inocent man is suffering just because he had love relationship with me before his engagement. Wish you luck...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register