LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kulkarni   08 September 2018

illegal Construction by neighbour

I am living in a row house, in Kolhapur of Maharashtra state.There are seven row houses having one wall common to each other. My row house is a corner unit having additional space.
All row houses are structured with a design of ground floor and first floor on it.We ,all 7 units share a backyard & frontal open area,10'*10' to each , with comman compound wall,in front as well as back side. We all seven units are having four rooms available to each occupant.

Recently few months back, my neighbour has started construction , in his backyard without giving me any
notice of it. I also did not make any objection ,in good faith. He constructed ground floor ,first floor and second floor in his backyard area using common wall living not a single inch as open space.
Even for this much construction, I did not have any objection.
but I felt his activity objectionable only when he he constructed the ceiling of his second floor with cement concrete slab.
when actually I was expecting and telling him to use metal sheets for ceiling so as not to overburden the 15 year old our building construction. but he did not listen to me .
now I realised that I made a mistake by keeping a good faith on him.
I am afraid of the extra load of cement concrete slab he has constructed would put our building to any damage in future if any.
he also refused to pay any compensation to me for the some damage happened to our common wall plastor due to use of brackers and water curing applied by him during construction.

Now due to couple of quarrels and disagreements ,
our neighbourhood relations are also not good enough to have a talk with each other.
I know that he has not taken any permissions from local Municipal Corporation or any other authority.

Now I want an advice about any remedy available to me.
Is there any law or a rule available which will compel him , to deconstruct his cement concrete slab on second floor which is seemed to be dangerous and use metal sheets instead to cover his newly built unauthorised 2nd floor & compensate me for the damages that has happened to my area of building?

Eagerly waiting for reply and thanking in anticipation.

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     09 September 2018

You should submit a written complaint to the local Municipal authority, masonry structural additions and alterations are illegal if carried out without obtaining permission from the Municipal authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register