LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth Singh Daniel   18 July 2022

Illegal discharge of untreated sewage water and illegal construction in private terrace.

Chennai : In the year 2020 I came back to Chennai, when I saw the illegal constructions in the private terrace and Illegal discharge of Sewage(without treatment) which was let out into Adayar river which is the source of water for the poor people in the area.

When I asked the association politely, I was told that it was none of my business and asked not to involve in it, all my emails to the Association went unanswered regarding the same (can provide proof  for the same).

I also told the Association that I would take it up with PCB and CMDA if they do not stop the illegal discharge of untreated sewage into Adayar river and after giving them ample time of 6 months I filed the case.

I was an EC member in the association and the President of the association who condemned and warned me of consequences for reporting these issues with concerned government organizations (PCB and CMDA), and they had even stripped me from the association executive committee watsap group without any notice, for bringing up this grave issues.

Before filing a case I had sent a legal notice to the association, and this legal notice was published in the Owners Watsapp group and I was verbally thrashed in front of 172 owners and they had branded me as filing case and demanding RANSOM from association, irresponsible owner, problem creator, defaulter of payments(where I have paid all maintenance dues in time) and was harassed and tortured brutally in front of my 176 fellow owners.

Now that PCB- pollution control board has examined the Sewage plan, they found that the STP plant is not in working condition and have sent a show cause notice, demanding for explanation, that too the president sent the RPAD notice back and PCB team directly to the association office and gave it with warning.

This PCB notice was again published in the Watsapp group and I was brutally trashed, insulted and slander, defamed  by the President of the Association by calling me that “I have created a mess, and an egoistic person and against the association for bringing up these social issues, also they have asked me to get out of the Association group without any reason”.

I am not sure as why me and my family are punished for bringing these social issues to the concerned Govt authorities, my whole family is harassed, whenever my wife goes out her friends ask her as how much Ransom is your husband demanding from the association, my kids are being scolded by association members for no reason and I am brutally tortured and not sure what to do.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 July 2022

you did well by giving notice to the society do not bother about consequences

Prashanth Singh Daniel   19 July 2022

thanks Sir, I have given ample time for the society to rectify thier mistakes, but of no use.

Onething which I want to know is, they have removed me from the Executive comittee watsapp group, thats the only mode of communication within Executive comittee without any approval from AGM, also last week they have removed me from the Owners association group without anyconsent from other owners and said that they would not provide service to my apartment for just raising these social issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register