LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaishali   15 January 2024

Internet cable mess in front of windows and balcony y by residents

Hello all, I've a unique query. We live a society of 24 flats , all the flat owners pass their internet cables from a common duct, but we have windows that open into the duct . We had requested everyone to let cables pass through the corner so that the view doesn't become a eye spur. But no action was taken so I personally contacted the service providers and got them cleared. However the residents once created the same mess rather more dingy once I went out of town. They also passed one more cable across our balcony. We brought the apartment for its view and paid a premium price for the top floor but now it's marred by these cable. I sent several requests but to no avail. I told them if they don't remove I will cut the wires but still no response as they know that I won't do it as I don't want any fights or unnecessary hatred  but now I'm the one who is adjusting as they keep on messing the view by adding new cables. Is there a legal way of taking this up. Pls help. 3 windows and one balcony the view is spoilt completely. 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2024

You can object to the cables installed or running through your flats.

They cannot interfere with the enjoyment of your property in any manner.

If they don't listen to your objections, you may either give a complaint to the association or to police.

If no response received in your favour, you may cut the cables running through your flat

Before that you may photographs of the situation and secure it for future disputes.

We posted on our whtsapp group that's for the residents, also complained to the secretary but his response was to adjust with the mess since even we belong to the same society. I followed for 8 months but no action, finally I told them I will cut the cables but no one responded. 
mid i cut the cables can they take any action on me for cutting them? As this is clear violation of my property though it's a part of the same building.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2024

You can inform in the group of the society that you will be cutting the cables passing through your flat on so and so date if it's not removed till then.

I've already done that but they don't take any action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register