LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar B Kumar (service)     24 January 2016

Maintenance for wife

My wife filled a fake case on me FIR in 498a, 354 etc , now case is in mediation center. Nd case closed. Is there any possibility that she can open the same old case on me. Presenlty i am living separately from my family. My wife threatening me. Please guide me . Fake case and taken back Is the ground for divoce from me. I am planning to file it.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

She can file it again.  Period is 7 years, between that she can keep filing.

You can however file divorce immediately.

It is grave mistake to take back 498a wife bigger mistake to not apply divorce.

Can she Eligible for any maintainance from me or even from my family property. I dont have any property by my name. All property belong to my mother name. I have also planning to seprate from my family in all respect and going to publish in newspaper. I am living sepratly with my wife in rentes house.what are the possibility that i can take divoce i have all audio recording.and her brother recording how he is demanding money from me 25 lakh for out of court settlement. Please guide me. I am working in a private job.

Can she Eligible for any maintainance from me or even from my family property. I dont have any property by my name. All property belong to my mother name. I have also planning to seprate from my family in all respect and going to publish in newspaper. I am living sepratly with my wife in rentes house.what are the possibility that i can take divoce i have all audio recording.and her brother recording how he is demanding money from me 25 lakh for out of court settlement. Please guide me. I am working in a private job.

LegalFighter (test)     24 January 2016

Don't separate ur self from your family I would suggest. If she is currently working, she cannot claim maintenance or may get very less maintenance. If you can prove that they are blackmailing you with evidence, you may file cases of blackmailing, extortion, etc. If your wife is highly qualified and worked before marriage also she cannot claim. If you can prove the cruelty made by wife with solid evidences, she won't get a penny from you if she files a maintenance case

Don't separate ur self from your family I would suggest. If she is currently working, she cannot claim maintenance or may get very less maintenance. If you can prove that they are blackmailing you with evidence, you may file cases of blackmailing, extortion, etc. If your wife is highly qualified and worked before marriage also she cannot claim. If you can prove the cruelty made by wife with solid evidences, she won't get a penny from you if she files a maintenance case

Don't worry about ur family Property or your self earned properties. She has no rights in that till you are alive. She can claim maintenance according to your monthly income. If you have child, she may claim share in your family Property (i.e. Only The property earned by your father and if he is not alive). She cannot touch any property which is in the name of your mom.

Sidharth   25 January 2016

@kumar

You said your wife filed FIR against you. What is present status of case. Mediation centre has no power to close the case. FIR must be quashed by HC.

She cannot claim anything from your family as she is only your responsibility not your family's

She can only claim maintenance if she is unemployed. 

kumar B Kumar (service)     25 January 2016

Sir, in mediation center my wife accept that she is very happy and taking back all the cases what ever she filled. Now she is living with me in rented house in ghaziabad.now demanding money. Now problem is that i dont have any type of emotion feeling with her, she did very bad for me. She guided by in wrong direction by her parents. I am unable to understand hows my life will move. I can not trust on her or her family.they did marriage for money. She always used abusive language.

kumar B Kumar (service)     25 January 2016

Sir, in mediation center my wife accept that she is very happy and taking back all the cases what ever she filled. Now she is living with me in rented house in ghaziabad.now demanding money. Now problem is that i dont have any type of emotion feeling with her, she did very bad for me. She guided by in wrong direction by her parents. I am unable to understand hows my life will move. I can not trust on her or her family.they did marriage for money. She always used abusive language.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register