Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NKG (Self)     31 July 2011

Opinion for agreement for sale with possession

Experts,

Greetings.

1.  I would like to know about  "Agreement for Sale with Possession" ?

I and seller ( who has Landowner Share in joint development) agreed to execute Absolute Sale deed for a just constructed flat.     For same block BUILDER was performing registration till few days back and many people are living there.

But now BUILDER (third confirming party) says that  recently WITHOUT Occupany Certificate, Sub-Registrar is not considering any deed for execution. For same it will take few days more (unsure) for them

Unsure, but Further there seems to be issues of BDA, BBMP related to who is OC giving authority.

Now Seller (Landowner) is asking to take Possession Letter from him, Keys and execute Agreement for Sale.

I found there is something called Agreement for Sale with possession and it is registered at SubRegistrar office that it is GOOD document. Seller agrees to re-appear at time of Registration without any issue.

Please suggest

a.   Is it OK

b.   What are best and important clauses in our favor for future complications

c.   Does Builder Confirming party needed on both occassions, apart from landlord/seller

d.   For FIRST SALE, Stamp+Reg at Bangalore is around 6.78+1 =7.78%; Now for
       Agreement for sale with possession, how shall it be ?

e.   Then do I need to pay this 7.78% again at time of Absolute Registration or does it gets adjusted ?

thanks

regards

nkg

Learning

1 Replies

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     06 August 2011

Till few days  if  there was registration going on  means -  check on  whether  occupancy  certificate  is  issued  and  also  by  whom.    Yes if  the  agreement  of  sale  is  registered  without  showing possession ( but in reality u  may  have  the  possession -  just  for your convenience )  in such a case  u  just  have  to  pay  1%  of  the  total  sale  consideration as  stamp duty   and  when  the  absolute  sale  deed is  executed  this  1% u paid  earlier  for  registering  the  sale agreement  will  be  deducted  from  the total  stamp duty  to be  paid  for  that  property  as  per  guidance  value.     Since  property buying is  very  tricky  issue  especially  when there is  a  joint  development  involving  the  land owner  on one part  and  the  builder on  the other  part    go  through  the  documents  throughly  and  first  ascertain  the   rights  of   both  parties  and  deal carefully.       i suggest  u  engage  an  advocate   who  can  verify  and  scrutinize  the  documents  pertaining  to  the  property  u  want  to buy   and   only  after  his  legal  opinion  and  assistance  u  can  proceed  buying  the  property.        Avoid  buying  property  which is  having ambuigity  about  ascertaining  the  definite  rights  by metes  and bounds  of  both  the  builder  and  the  land owner.

U can revert back to me on sohan1912@rediffmail.com  if u need  any  clarification.

All  the  best  and warm  Regards.

Mahadeva  Rao  G.  ADVOCATE  9845285555  bangalore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register