Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Police not doing their duty

***Posting on behalf of my Aunt****

Hello

We gave a complaint for return of articles/dowry harrassment to commissioner office and then it went to local women police station.

Proof for dowry:
~ They have taken 5L from my sister earned abroad
~ Loan of 6 Lakhs for which my sister is paying EMI
~ Taken car loan in her name which they are enjoying
~ All the seedhan items are still in their house.
~ Its been 4 months complaint is given

We also gave a 2nd complaint following the first one and no action taken yet.

Police are proceeding this as civil case they are telling that they dont deal civil case in police station.
It needs to go to Court.  Whenever my lawyer calls for an update they keep telling that they will talk to
the guy side and get back.  Neither we have taken the articles Nor any action is taken against them.

What to do in this situation?

Learning

4 Replies

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     23 January 2014

Ask your advocate to file a petition under sec 406 and ask them to return the streedhan, in the petition also mention the complaint that you have given in the police station. This will solve your problem. Don't resort to file 498a complaint, revenge should not be  your cup of tea, take all those streedhan and if you are not okay with you brother in law file a Divorce under mental cruelty, but always try to amicable settle the matter with the help of elders and the boy side to sign the dotted line of MCD

(Guest)

They are not ready to return the shreedhan.

They are asking us to return the gold which my aunt has.  We have requested help from police and they are not helping us too.  It looks like they have taken money from the guy side to keep quiet. 

We never wanted to take revenge on them, we just filed a complaint for return of articles and pay back the loan amount for which my aunt is paying EMI.

Now they are not ready to do it.  Police is not helping us. 

What is 406 ?

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     23 January 2014

@Arun please consult your advocate and  he will assist more on this case, sec 406 will help you get your streedhan, if police station not accepting the case vist the CAW cell and register your complaint. No need to beg the police, you will get back your list of articles

(Guest)

@sandykrish

Thanks for the post

What is CAW Cell ? How do I contact them ? I am in Chennai.

Please help us ? If we are filing 406 will the women police be involved, coz they wont help us as they have taken money from the guy side ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register