Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhagwan Dass (None)     30 June 2014

Time limit for filing reply in rent/civil cases of delhi

Hello Experts,

Our tenant has filed an application against us under section 19(2) of DRC Act for re-entry into the premises. 

We have filed our reply to his petition on 8th of October 2013 and the case was listed for arguments in December 2013, on which date the petitioner tenant sought adjournment on personal grounds.

Then on the next date in Feb 2014 also when the matter was listed for arguments, there was a lawyer's strike so it was again adjourned to July 2014.

My questions are:

1. That the petitioner tenant has not yet filed his reply/replication/rejoinder to our reply in the court till now. Now, he is preparing his reply/replication/rejoinder as we know. Can he now on the next date, which is fixed for arguments, file the reply/replication/rejoinder? (I am not sure of the difference between the three, but what I mean to say is that whether he can file his side of story controverting averments in our reply to his petition)

2. Is there a time limit for filing a reply/replication/rejoinder by the petitioner in this kind of scenario? 

3. If they give a detailed reason as to why he could not file the reply/replication/rejoinder? Can we oppose it? Do we have any judgement to oppose the acceptance of his reply/replication/rejoinder?

4. In case the court does not accept his rejoinder to our reply, will our submissions in our reply will be accepted by the court as there was no specific denial by the petitioner by way of any rejoinder?

Thanks a lot in anticipation !

Kind Regards,

Bhagwan Dass

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register