LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rathi R   12 January 2024

Deposition copy

After cross examination of the respondent by the plaintiff advocate the question and answers are typed and the respondent is asked to sign as acceptance .I am the plaintiff and  I need a copy of deposition other than through my lawyer.how can I get it 

Learning

1 Replies

anjali tamrkar   15 January 2024

Introduction
Depositions are an important part of any court case. They can provide key information about the case and help to ensure a fair trial.
It turns out that yes, you can request a copy of all depositions! However, you have to request copies from the proper source. In my case, it meant requesting a copy from the other party to avoid any additional cost or hassle. Deposition copies can be a great resource for those who have been involved in a court case. Even if depositions aren’t available through your lawyer or another source, it is still possible to request that the transcriptts be read aloud during the trial.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO REQUEST A COPY OF ALL DEPOSITIONS TAKEN
If you are involved in a court case, you may be wondering if you can request a copy of all depositions taken during your case. In most cases, the answer is yes. You have a right to inspect and copy any deposition taken in your case. This includes depositions of both witnesses and parties.
REQUESTING DURING A COURT CASE
you request all depositions taken during your court case, then there are different ways to request this from the court. The first way is to request a copy from the District Clerk’s office of the county where you filed your case. If you request this, then be prepared for a steep cost of 50  Rs.or more just to request it.
Then they will also charge a fee per deposition so another fee for each deposition during your case. If you have multiple defendants named in your suit and have them do depositions as well, then expect hundreds of dollars if not thousands depending on how long your case was and how many defendants were involved along with plaintiffs.
Another way is to request copies from the court reporter who took the depositions. This request can be made at any time, even if your case is already over. You may request copies of all depositions or specific depositions depending on what you need.

If you do not want to spend any money, then you can always request the transcriptts from the clerk’s office where your case was filed. The transcriptts will not include exhibits or deposition summaries, but they will be a complete record of the testimony given during the depositions.
REQUESTING AFTER A COURT CASE
If you request copies of depositions after your case is over, then the transcriptts request will be sent to the court reporter who took the deposition. The request will include the transcriptts only and not exhibits or deposition summaries.
If you request copies of all depositions taken during your case, then there are ways around paying large costs. You can request a transcriptt if you did not want to spend any money or request specific depositions instead of requesting every deposition that was taken during your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register