LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J. Gopinath (Freelance writer)     26 September 2009

How to get the proof for wife's DOB?

I am applicant in Main OP for divorce u/s13.  Recently, I gone through an interesting case, in which, the wife commited fraud in her date of birth, by showing her age 2 years lesser and the husband prayed for annulment of marriage u/s 12.

It has an coincidence with my case.  My wife has not shown me any of her age proof nor shown me her certificates during our 5 months married life.  She had left all her certificates in her house.

This act of hers now makes me suspect  if there would be  any foul play that she has given a manipulated DOB before marriage.  Please let me know how can I get a authenticated proof for her DOB?

Learning

8 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     26 September 2009

try for  the records of the school or college where she studied or the office records where she is working

(Guest)

From school (S.S.C/10nth class) record only you can get accurate DOB.

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     26 September 2009

From the office of Birth and Death registrar ( municipal corporation,  muincipality )

MARUTHI.K.T (Asst.Company Secretary)     26 September 2009

You Can get correct Information School,College,Pan Card, Pass Port Etc...

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     26 September 2009

From  municipal coporation/ nagarpalikka, village punchayat office or school leaving cetificate of your wife, school,college,etc. You can also file application in said matter and ask your wife to produce her birth cetificate,court will allow your application. 

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     28 September 2009

Take School Leaving Certificate, which is always given after 10th passing and leaving school for admission at 11th std. When boy/girl enter into 10th std. it is mandatory for School authority to inform parents that Birth Date of Birth in School Record is recorded and if there are any changes therein pl supply all proof thereof and get it changed with Affidavits, etc. accoding to Birth & Death Registration Act. And if no change is made same shall be treated as final and shall be mutated in SLC as final DOF and thereafter no changes shall be made ever. Therefore in accordance with Birth & Death Registration Act DOF mentioned in SLC as well in S.S.C. Certificate shall be final. Look at SSC Certificate and SLC where DOF is mentioned, and if you find any difference you can file case for cheating under IPC 420.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register