Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aghosh (ni-l)     30 July 2011

Inheritance/succession documents for deceased father

Hi,

My father had passed away four years back in bahrain due to a cardiac arrest. His bank account was in a bahrain bank. Now that we hard heard he had some savings in the bahrain bank. So i have a few questions regarding the retrival of bank documents from baharain bank. Please help

1. Is it possible to access the bank records without physically going over to Bahrain?

2. What are the documents i need to get from india / state (kerala) govt inorder to prove myself as his son and legal heir.

3. After his demise in bahrain, his atm cards went missing, so what happen if some one made any transactions using those cards after his demise?

Looking forward for your valuable suggestions

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     31 July 2011

You can get the Legal Heir Certificate from the local revenue/Tehsil officer, for the moveable properties, viz. bank accounts etc., and write to the bank with this supporting documents. The documents may be notarised and sent. While this is the general procedure, there could be some specific procediure for Bahrain. It is advisable to write to the bank, get the procedure and provide. the documents. Is the bank a branch of an Indian Bank or a Bahrain Bank. Also either contact the bank through a local firend in Bahrain. As far the ATM card, some banks cover ATM cards with insurance against frauds. in such canse, the moeny can be recovered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register