Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

When and where should i file tep

Hi Seniors / Experts,

My wife has filed 498a falsly alleging on me and my family members. Chargesheet is not filed. And recently she has filed for maintenance U/s 125. But in both complaints (498a & 125), she alleged that her father has given cash, gold and silver (value of all together aggregating to apporx10 Lakhs) to me as dowry during marriage(FY 2010-11).

FIL runs a small business in a small village and his earnings will not exceed 2 lakhs per annum. He doesn't even have a PAN Card and doesn't pay a single rupee as tax.

I am considering filing TEP against FIL.

1. Where should I file TEP? (He doesn't even have a Pan card and doesn't pay even a rupee as tax)

2. When should I file TEP? (Chargesheet is not filed in 498a).

Please advise.

~Krishna.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 April 2012

mere saying of paying dowry is not sufficient, dhr has to prove it.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     07 April 2012

TEP can be filed at any time and this needs to be filed in the Income tax office having jurisdiction over the area where your FIL resides. 

You can post filing TEP file RTI with the same IT office to check the status of the TEP this will speed up the process.

(Guest)
@ Rajeev sir - Its not that they said. It is given in written in Police complaint. The same is carried into the maintenance petition too. Is it still required to be proved that the dowry was given so as to enable me to file the TEP?

(Guest)
thank you Sanjeev. Wouldn't I asked for FIL's PAN, if i complain against him? Is it good to first file an RTI regarding the tax paid by him during the alleged year or is it preferable to file TEP? ~Krishna.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     07 April 2012

Condition is ripe to file TEP

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register