LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHASKARAN P NAIR (MANAGER [PERSONNEL])     06 November 2010

harrassment at work place

I am  a women  working in an Export Promotion Council sponsored by the Ministry of Textiles.

I have been working there for 25 years. The total no. of staff  are 10 comprising the Exe Director, Dy.Secretary, Admin. Officer, Accounts Officer, Assistants, Peons. etc.  The Council gets the money by way of Govt. grant and also thru subscripttions by Members of the Council.

The Admin. officer has a coterie of two Ladies, who are so close to him; their relations go beyond the "official" level and needs to be probed.

I am the Senior most employee of this Council.  The Adm department's work and the Admin officer's conducts need improvement and I being the Senior most, some times points out their lapses...etc.   This ofcourse is not liked by him or by the coterie.

Now one of these ladies have complained against me about misconduct...abusing her, spitting on her face and beating up etc....all in the Office!  I was issued a show cause for which I replied and I have not heard anything fruther on that.  In the interim period I had taken 10 days sick leave as I was really not well.  The absence was communicated thru email to the Council and when I resumed duty after 10 days submitted official leave application supported by Medical Certificate from a qualified Doctor who also happens to be a member of  Central Govt. approved panel.  The Exe Director has issued me a memo at the behest of the Adm. Officer stating that my leave application cannot be considered because my email was not signed and I should have submitted the leave application by post or by hand during my leave period itself!  He further states that I am given a break in service....because of this and that is as per the rules! I am not aware of any such rules and I know one thing that no private rules can be inferior to the statutory rules.  I am not paid salary also for October at the behest of the Adm.Officer, eventhough it is Deepawali and every one is celebrating the Festival.  The Council infact gave me a cheque after deducting 12 days pay ( I was on 10 days leave only) but I refused to accept the same since I have many months of sick leave to my credit and I had not taken leave for years! Therefore, I request the legal luminaries to help me by advising me how to proceed further in the matter.

R BHASKARAN

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

If this is a central government department, i guess the only option is to approach CAT.

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     06 November 2010

Dear Querist,

Please see your recruitment rules carefully and as the facts suggests and case laws fit into it, I am of the view that you may immediately give representation to your higher authoritues citing administrative lacunals in action taken against you which appears to be maliciaous action and willful victimisation. Await their response, if no response and/or non-satisfactory action on their part, may immediately move CAT depending upon the jurisdiction of the Court/Tribunal.

Trust this would suffice.

(Guest)

This is a very long essay for a personnel manager to write. What I gather is that you are a woman, jealous of the other two whose relations with the admin officer go beyond the specified activities and that you want to view what goes behind the scenes. In short you want to "probe" as to what goes on between the three ,the admin and the two ladies when the lights are out. Now that's a personal matter between the admin officer and the two ladies. I advise, DO NOT BE JEALOUS. Let them play if you think they are playing with you being left out.  If possible you can appoint a guy/gal for playing so that you don't feel left out. Be brief in future posts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register