Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Kumar (Engineer)     21 February 2010

Salary not paid to me afer 3 months of getting relieved

Hi,
   My name is Ajay and following is my query..
I had been working in a startup called "ABC since 2006. In Aug 2008, a new group called XYZ has come up and acquired our company. They named is XYZ123. While acquisition they talked a lot of things about them and Also promised joining bonus which was like for 15 days salary they paid that time and for another 1 month they promised to pay after completion of 1 yr. As per the clause there was 1 yr period durng which neither employee could leave the company nor employer could fire us (There was some conditions about this in offer letter). Also in Jan,09 they have deduced the salary by 30% only after oral communication. Now in october 2009, I got another offer and resigned there. I resigned on 3rd week of October and wanted to leave the company in few days but as per discussion with management I had to stay there for 1 more month.  Initially, few days after my resignation, I was told that my 1 month (October month's) salary will be paid to me at the time of relieving. On the day I got relieved(3rd week of nov,09), I was told that one of the director was not in town and he has my cheques. I was asked to come after few days to collect my salary cheques. Unfortunately, that day never saw the light. I sent mails as well as called up Manager many times about it but never got a proper response about my salary and to the contrary everytime some lame excuses were given. Then two weeks before, I got to know from Manager that the directors have asked a detail report about my work for the whole period I worked in Company. I think it has got nothing to do with my unpaid salary and found that a very bad report was sent to directors..

Now, I want to know what can happen in this case.. Can i get my unpaid salary. Though I didnt wanted those 30% things and 1 months pending bonus, still they are not willing to pay my salary. Please note on offer letter notice period is mentioned as 2 months but we didn't have any talk about that as manager had a feeling its 1 months n relieved me after one month only.

Thanks a lot.

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     21 February 2010

Please send a notice (you can write and no need of legal notice at this stage),  briefly recording the various conversations and requesting them that your claim MUST be settled within 15 days of receipt of your letter. Send this by Speed Post with acknowledgement (you can check the status of receipt in Indiapost  website). Mark a copy of this notice to the concerned Labour Officer and if possible go and meet the labour officer. This should work.

Vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register